Friday, July 29, 2011

Whatever Works

Nothing comes to anything, and yet there's no shortage of idiots to babble.
(Not me. I have a vision.I'm discussing you.)
Your friends, your co-workers,your newspapers, the TV.Everybody's happy to talk,
full of misinformation. Morality, science, religion, politics,sports, love.
Your portfolio,your children, health.Give me a break.If I have to eat nine servings of fruits and vegetables a day to live,I don't want to live.I hate goddamn fruits and vegetables. And your omega-3's and the treadmill and the cardiogram and the mammogram and the pelvic sonogram and, oh, my God, the endoscopy! And with it all, the day still comes when they put you in a box and it's on to the next generation of idiots who'll also tell you all about life and define for you what's appropriate.

I'm sure you're all obsessed with any number of sad little hopes and dreams.So whats the point of all this, well there is no point. Thousands of years ago, ancient peoples, Egyptians, Romans, Mayans were walking home, just like us,discussing where should they eat or making small talk.
"Hey, we just bought a great house on the Nile with a yard,overlooking
the Pharaoh's new pyramid".Or, "My, my physician says...peacock tongues
are bad for your heart. Or, "I'm worried I can't get my kid into a really good Aztec preschool".
What the hell does it all mean now? Zero. Zilch.

Incidentally, don't think I'm bitter because of some personal setback. By the standards of a mindless,barbaric civilization, I've been pretty lucky, to have survived this place. My philosophy is, whatever works. You know,as long as you don't hurt anybody.Any way you can filch a little joy in this cruel, dog-eat-dog, pointless,black chaos. That's my story

No comments: